This page gives details of the terms and conditions of using this website, www.acnuk.org.
If you are looking for a specific issue, please follow the suggested links below, or contact us
- Terms and Conditions of sale
- Administration of Donations
- Credits and Copyright Statement
ACN (UK) General Terms and Conditions of Website Use
- Aid to the Church in Need (United Kingdom) is a Pontifical Foundation of the Catholic Church and is a registered charity in England and Wales (1097984) and in Scotland (SC040748) and is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales, Company Number 4747666. ACN Trading Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Aid to the Church in Need (United Kingdom) and trades on its behalf. ACN Trading Limited is registered in England and Wales, Company Number 3298216. In these terms and conditions, ‘we’ and ‘us’ mean both the charity and its subsidiary.
Completeness and accuracy of information
- Access to this Website is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Website and any Material, products or services on this Website at any time. We do not guarantee that this Website or any content on it will always be available or uninterrupted.
- Although we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of material published on this site, we accept no liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or reliability of information either published on the site or made available for download from the site. No representations, guarantees or warranties, whether express or implied, are made as to the accuracy or completeness of the material on our Website. Use of, or reliance on, any information available from this Website is entirely at your own risk.
- We exclude to the fullest extent lawfully permitted all liability for any loss or damage which you may sustain from your use, inability to use, or your reliance on material obtained from our Website. Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded by law.
- Our Website is only intended to be for domestic and private use, and we will have no liability for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation or any indirect or consequential losses or damage.
- We do not accept any liability for any loss or damage caused by viruses or any other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Website or to your downloading anything from it, or on any website linked to it.
Your use of our Website
- You agree to use this Website only for lawful purposes and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Website by anyone else. Such restriction includes, without limitation, conduct which may harass, defame or cause distress to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive material within this Website.
- You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
Donations and Payments
- For payments to ACN Trading Limited, please refer to our Terms and Conditions of Sale.
- All online payment details are protect in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
- If you use a payment card on our Website, you must be the authorised user of the card or have permission to make the relevant payment or donation.
- If you have a query about a donation, please call us on 020 8642 8668 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm) or email email@example.com and we will be happy to discuss your query with you.
- Some pages of this Website may contain links to third party websites which are not controlled and/or maintained by us. We accept no liability or responsibility for the content of third party websites. Links to third party websites are included for the sake of convenience only – their inclusion in no way constitutes any endorsement by us.
- You are responsible for complying with the terms and conditions of use of any linked site. All and any new links from third party websites to this Website may only be made after obtaining our prior written consent.
Credits, Trademarks and Copyright
- Material on this Website is subject to the laws relating to trademarks and copyright.
- This Website is designed and hosted by Fat Beehive, 65 Rivington Street, London EC2A 3QQ. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org;telephone: 020 7739 8704; Website: fatbeehive.com
- The copyright and other intellectual property rights for all text, images and materials on this Website, and all materials available for download from the site, is owned by us or our licensors, except where otherwise stated.
- Except where explicitly stated (for example, Press Releases), commercial use or publication of all or any part of an item from this site is prohibited without our prior written consent. Where permission has been explicitly granted to use material, you must credit us as the source, and the copyright holder if applicable. Otherwise please contact us to obtain permission to use material from the site.
- Some documents, images and materials for which we do not own the copyright may sometimes be published on the site. In such instances we have obtained the permission of the copyright owners to do so. Any and all such images remain the copyright property of the relevant copyright owners and must not be copied, reproduced or modified without their prior written consent. You should request permission from the copyright owners, who will be credited in the applicable item on the Website.
- Beyond the conditions above, all rights are reserved by us.
- We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator. This means that we are committed to the highest standards in fundraising, striving to work always in a way that is effective, open and honest, and dedicated to raising funds in the most cost-effective manner.
- The Fundraising Regulator is an independent body which sets and maintains the standards for charitable fundraising. The board’s primary function is to deal with complaints about fundraising activity from members of the public, allowing people to give to charitable organisations with confidence.
- By joining the Fundraising Regulator we have agreed to adhere to the Code of Fundraising Practice and the Fundraising Promise.
Modification of terms and conditions
- We reserve the right to modify or replace these terms and conditions without prior warning. The new terms and conditions will be published on this page of the Website. Your continued use of the Website constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- You are advised to check periodically for any changes in the terms and conditions of this Website. If you do not agree to any new terms and conditions, you should leave the site immediately.
- This Website, including these terms and conditions, shall be governed by English law. The English courts shall have sole jurisdiction over any disputes arising from this Website.
- Aid to the Church in Need (United Kingdom) is a Pontifical Foundation of the Catholic Church and is a registered charity in England and Wales (1097984) and in Scotland (SC040748) and is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales, Company Number 4747666. ACN Trading Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Aid to the Church in Need (United Kingdom) and trades on its behalf. ACN Trading Limited is registered in England and Wales, Company Number 3298216. In this Policy, ‘we’ and ‘us’ mean both the charity and its subsidiary. Each of these organisations is a Data Controller under the data protection legislation.
England and Wales (1097984) and in Scotland (SC04078)
Collecting and sharing your personal data
- Personal data is information relating to a person which is recorded and processed by us. Personal data can include information such as your name, postal address, email address, phone number, credit/debit card details and whether you are a tax payer so that we can claim Gift Aid.
- We acquire your personal data when you contact us or register to receive information, make a donation, purchase goods, enquire about events or in any other way supply us with personal data.
- We wish to ensure that the information that we hold about you is accurate. Please contact us if you wish to advise us of any changes to your personal data.
- We will only use the personal data you supply for the specific purpose stated at the point you submitted it. We will not share your personal data with other organisations for the purposes of those organisations’ marketing. We share your information with third-party suppliers but only for the purposes of carrying out our work, for example, despatching goods or information by mail. We may on occasion be required by law to pass on your personal data. For example, we would have to pass on information for a Gift Aid audit by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs.
- If we find it necessary to transfer, process or store personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will put in place suitable safeguards to protect such data, including using the European Commission approved standard contractual clauses in contracts governing these activities.
Protecting your personal financial data
- We are committed to ensure that the personal financial data you disclose to us is kept safely.
- If you use your credit or debit card to donate to us, buy something or make any other payment online, we will ensure that this is done securely and in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
- We use WorldPay to process online transactions for donations and purchases made via this website. We have no access at any time to the card details which you submit online to WorldPay.
- It is always your choice as to how we use your personal data to communicate with you, and you can change any of your preferences at any time and we will respect your wishes. You have the right to request us to restrict our processing of your personal data or to stop processing it altogether. You also have the right to ask us to stop sending you information.
- Whenever you undertake a transaction on our website, we will give you the opportunity to change your communications preferences in a simple and straightforward manner.
- Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact the Data Protection Officer at Aid to the Church in Need, 12-14 Benhill Avenue, Sutton SM1 4DA.
Other information collected from our website
- We accumulate data about your visit to this website. For example, we gather information such as the date and time of visits to the website and the page you observed. This information helps us to learn about your personal interest in our work, which may help us to plan content for the website. We collect data from our website for monitoring and reporting purposes, and to help us supply users with relevant information and services from us.
- You can disable cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality and features of this and many other websites that you visit. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
- This website offers e-commerce and payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
- When you submit data to us through a form such as those found on contact or comment pages, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- This site uses Google Analytics, which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics
- As we sell products, it is important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work, social media sites including Facebook and Twitter will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
- Some of the content on our site may be provided by third parties. This includes but is not limited to: Google Maps for interactive mapping, YouTube or Vimeo for hosted video and Flickr for images. When you visit a page containing content from one of these sites a cookie may be set. We do not have any control over these cookies and you should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
- We may update the terms of this policy at any time, so please do check it from time to time. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal data by placing a prominent notice on our website. By continuing to use our website you will be considered to have accepted such changes.
We may provide links on our site to the websites of other companies, whether affiliated with us or not. We cannot give any undertaking that products you purchase from companies to whose website we have provided a link on our site will be of satisfactory quality, and any such warranties are disclaimed by us absolutely.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
This page gives the terms and conditions under which ACN Trading Limited sells goods via our website, www.acnuk.org
www.acnuk.org (“the site”) is a website operated by Aid to the Church in Need UK, a registered charity in England and Wales (1097984) and in Scotland (SC040748) and a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales, Company No. 4747666.
All contracts for the sale of products on our website are entered into with ACN Trading Limited (Company No. 3298216) which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Aid to the Church in Need UK. All profits of ACN Trading Limited are transferred to Aid to the Church in Need UK.
Aid to the Church in Need is a Pontifical Foundation of the Catholic Church supporting Christians who are persecuted, oppressed or in pastoral need.
Ordering goods online
Please follow the site instructions to make your purchases, donations and Mass offerings.
After placing an order, you will receive an email from us acknowledging receipt of your order. Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy products from us. All orders are subject to acceptance by ACN Trading Limited. We will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an email that confirms that your products will be despatched (the Despatch Confirmation).
The contract between us (Contract) will only be formed when we send you the Despatch Confirmation. The Contract will relate only to those products whose dispatch we have confirmed in the Despatch Confirmation. We will not be obliged to supply any other products which may have been part of your order until the despatch of such products has been confirmed in a separate Despatch Confirmation.
If you wish to cancel a transaction, please see Returns and Cancellations below.
Where applicable, prices of products on the site include VAT at the current rate but exclude delivery costs, which will be added to the total amount on checkout. ACN Trading Limited’s VAT registration number is 689 5576 55.
The price of any product will be as quoted on the site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error. Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a Despatch Confirmation.
The site contains a large number of Products and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products listed on the site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally verify prices as part of our despatch procedures so that, where a product’s correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when despatching the product to you.
If a product’s correct price is higher than the price stated on our site, we will normally, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before despatching the Product, or reject your order and notify you of such rejection. We are under no obligation to provide the product to you at the incorrect (lower) price – even after we have sent you a Despatch Confirmation – if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mis-pricing.
Product descriptions and images
ACN Trading Limited endeavours to describe products as accurately as possible, but variations in materials, measurements, colours and designs may occasionally occur. All images are for guidance only and may not be accurately representative of actual products.
If you also choose to make a donation at the same time as purchasing goods from our online shop, please refer to our information page about the administation of donations.
Payment must be made with your order and/or donation. The website will prompt you to enter credit or debit card details (MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, JCB, Maestro and American Express). You cannot pay for any goods using a CAF Account, nor can we accept donations using your CAF Account over the internet. If you wish to make a donation using your CAF Account, please call Aid to the Church in Need UK on 020 8642 8668.
Credit/debit card security
Credit/debit card payments are processed by WorldPay. WorldPay uses state-of-the-art security tools and techniques to ensure that you are protected against online fraud. Data storage on WorldPay’s systems, and the communication between WorldPay and the worldwide banking networks, is regularly audited by the banking authorities to ensure a secure transaction environment.
All processing of card data relating to online transactions is handled by WorldPay and at no point will your card data be stored by, or pass through, ACN Trading Limited’s systems.
ACN Trading Limited will despatch orders to anywhere in the world. Our current postage and packaging rates are given in the online order form, and, where applicable, will be automatically added to your shopping basket when you check out.
For delivery to an address in the UK we offer a range of different delivery services. These are detailed on our Delivery page. Some delivery options may only be available if you place your order by telephone.
If you want a single order to be split and goods to be sent to more than one address, you must pay separate postage and packaging for each address. You cannot arrange this over the internet, and should instead call ACN Trading Limited on 020 8642 8668.
Despatch will be by the date set out in the Despatch Confirmation email and will usually be within seven days of receipt of order, but please allow 30 days for receipt of goods. This is a maximum period at our busiest times, but during most of the year we aim to get orders to customers in a much shorter time.
If you change your mind and decide to cancel your order, you should notify us in writing within seven working days beginning from the day after you receive the products. To cancel your order, you must return the products to us immediately, in the same condition in which you received them and at your own expense and risk.
We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day you have given notice of your cancellation. In this case, we will refund the price of the product in full, including the cost of sending the item to you. However, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods to us.
If the goods you receive are faulty or we have sent the wrong goods, we will send you a postage-paid label so that you can return them for either a replacement or a refund. We will examine the returned product and will notify you of your replacement or refund via email within a reasonable period of time.
We will usually process the replacement/refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day we confirmed to you via email that you were entitled to a replacement/refund for the defective product.
All refunds on defective products will be refunded in full, including a refund of the delivery charges for sending the item to you. We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method you originally used to pay for your purchase. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Risk and Title
The products will be at your risk from the time of delivery. Ownership of the products will only pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the products, including delivery charges.
If you order products from our site for delivery outside the UK, they may be subject to import duties and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches the specified destination. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please note that we have no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
Please also note that you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the products are destined. We will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws.
We may provide links on our site to the websites of other companies, whether affiliated with us or not. We cannot give any undertaking that products you purchase from companies to whose website we have provided a link on our site will be of satisfactory quality, and any such warranties are disclaimed by us absolutely. This disclaimer does not affect your statutory rights against the third party seller.
Law and Jurisdiction
Contracts for the purchase of products through our site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with such Contracts or their formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Complaints and Enquiries
If you have cause to complain about the service provided by ACN Trading Limited or Aid to the Church in Need UK, please contact us. We will acknowledge your complaint and undertake to deal with it promptly, fairly and confidentially.
If you need to make an enquiry about your donation, or if you would prefer to make your donation by telephone, please call 020 8642 8668.
Administration of donations
This page provides details of how we handle the donations that you make to Aid to the Church in Need’s work.
When you choose to donate on the site to a specific area of Aid to the Church in Need’s work, we will endeavour to administer your donation according to your wishes. From time to time, when specific projects or areas of work are over-subscribed, it may be necessary to allocate donations to a similar, alternative area of our work.
If you have any concerns about how we administer your donations, please contact us.
All donations are non-refundable.
Acknowledgement of donations
You will receive an email to confirm that we have received your donation. If you have also purchased goods from ACN Trading Limited, your order will also be acknowledged in the same email.
Gift Aid – Tax-efficient giving
If you wish Aid to the Church in Need UK to reclaim tax you have paid on your donation under the UK government’s Gift Aid scheme, you can complete a Gift Aid declaration when you check out from the shop, or you can submit a declaration without making a donation on our Gift Aid page.
You should read the conditions of the declaration carefully before agreeing to it. You will receive an email to confirm that you have completed a Gift Aid declaration for Aid to the Church in Need UK.
Aid to the Church In Need is committed to protecting your privacy, and respecting the dignity and rights of our benefactors and staff.
Collecting your information
Aid to the Church in Need acquires your personal information when you contact us or register to receive information, make a donation, purchase goods, enquire about events or in any other way supply us with personal data.
Using your information
Aid to the Church in Need and ACN Trading Limited will only use the information you supply for the specific purpose stated at the point you submitted it.
Aid to the Church in Need and ACN Trading Limited would like to use your personal details to send you information about our work and about the products we sell which we believe you may be interested in. You have the right at any time to ask us to stop sending you this information and we will respect your wishes.
Please contact us if you would like us to stop sending you information.
If you request information by email, we will give you the option to unsubscribe from this communication in every message we send you.
Protecting your information
Aid to the Church in Need and ACN Trading Limited will take action to ensure that the information you disclose to us is kept safely.
Aid to the Church in Need and ACN Trading Limited will never intentionally misuse or allow others to misuse the personal details we collect or hold.
Aid to the Church in Need and ACN Trading Limited wish to ensure that the information that we hold about you is accurate. Please contact us if you wish to advise us of any changes to your personal details.
Aid to the Church in Need strives to make its services accessible and usable for all users. This page tells you about some of the features of this site. This website has features that allow its users to find the information they need in the way they find easiest. This website has been built to comply with the World Wide Web Consortiums WCAG A standard.
This site is built using XHTML and cascading style sheets. This creates a fast loading website that is accessible to screen readers and is usable in most browsers, including older browsers and browsers available on non-Windows systems.
Access keys allow you to navigate between pages of this website using just your keyboard. Most browsers recognise access keys, including Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 (and later) and Netscape Navigator 7.0 (and later).
To use access keys, simultaneously press the ALT key and the letter corresponding to the link you wish to follow (as indicated below), then press the RETURN key. Some browsers may use a different key combination for access keys and you should consult your browser’s help pages for more information.
Personal use of material
You may copy documents from this site for personal use on the condition that you credit Aid to the Church in Need UK as the source, and the copyright holder if applicable. You should not make any modifications to the material.
Some documents, images and materials for which Aid to the Church in Need UK does not own the copyright may sometimes be published on the site. In such instances Aid to the Church in Need UK has obtained the permission of the copyright owners to do so. Any and all such images remain the copyright property of the relevant copyright owners and must not be copied, reproduced or modified for personal use wthout their prior written consent. You should request permission from the copyright owners, who will be credited in the applicable item on the website.
Beyond the conditions of this copyright statement, all rights are reserved by Aid to the Church in Need UK.