JOB TITLE : Administrative Officer in Scotland (Maternity Cover)
WORK BASE: Aid to the Church in Need UK, ACN in Scotland, Motherwell
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head of Operations in Scotland
COORDINATING WITH: Schools & Events Coordinator in Scotland – NW Administrative Officer – UK National Office Staff
Providing key support to the Head of Operations in Scotland and the Schools & Events Coordinator in Scotland, this key part-time administrative role works in support of objectives set out in ACN UK’s overall Strategic Plan.
The Administrative Officer in Scotland will focus on agreed aspects of the everyday running of ACN’s Office in Scotland and preparation for events, which contribute to effective fundraising and ACN’s core aim of providing more aid to the Church in need
Key areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Creating and sending out mailings announcing events in Scotland including personalised invitations
- Ordering trading stock for all events
- Trading stock management including processing trading stock returns and sales
- Sourcing and ordering supporting materials for events, school resources and regional initiatives
- Packing and collating information packs and other resources for use at events in Scotland
- Attendance at ACN events in Scotland, on occasional evenings and/or weekends
- Answering incoming phone calls and taking donations and Mass stipends
- Making appointments and meetings with benefactors and Parliamentary contacts
- Booking appointments and workshops in schools
- Processing weekly banking and PDQ payment returns
- Taking and circulating notes and minutes from meetings
- Opening incoming post
- Filing and updating spreadsheet data as required
- Ordering stationery and office supplies
- Purchasing and replenishing office kitchen supplies, including purchasing lunches and refreshments for visitors when required
- Making regular deposits at the bank
- Posting items from the post office when required
EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
Management and Team Member
This post will report to the Head of Operations in Scotland, with whom immediate as well as long-term targets will be agreed. The Head of Operations in Scotland will provide the Administrative Officer in Scotland with the necessary support to develop his or her own role.
This role will also develop strong working relationships and liaise with the NW Administrative Officer and staff across Departments in the UK National Office and ACN’s NW Office.
The Schools & Events Coordinator in Scotland will deputise for the Administrative Officer in Scotland in answering incoming phone calls and taking donations and Mass stipends, and booking appointments and workshops in schools.
TARGETS and EVALUATION
The Administrative Officer in Scotland will be evaluated by the Head of Operations in Scotland on successful completion of duties and agreed targets being met.
- Administrative experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An eye for detail.
- Thorough proofreading skills.
- IT literate: Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint essential (including mail merging using Excel and Word).
- Friendly and professional telephone manner.
Personal / Interpersonal Competencies
- Strong organisational skills – able to prioritise and willing to “own” distinct areas of work.
- Creative and practical.
- A self-starter, able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Tenacity, persistence and flexibility.
- Willing to learn and ability to work well under pressure.
- Motivated by the cause supported by Aid to the Church in Need, with a good understanding of the Catholic Church.
- Ideally experience of or an interest in the charity sector.
- Experience of organising events ideal but not essential.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Salary £19,000 per annum according to experience, pro-rata for part-time hours.
- Part-time office-based: 20 hour week, five days per week, 9.00 am to 1.30 pm including 30 minutes for lunch (unpaid).
- Annual leave: 25 days pro rata plus bank holidays rising to 30 days plus bank holidays after five full years of employment.
- Time in lieu policy plus mileage and out of pocket expenses for working at ACN events.
- Auto-enrolment onto our pension scheme after three months’ probation with 5% matched contributions.
Closing date: Sunday 2nd February 2020
Interview date: Thursday 6th February in Motherwell
How to apply:
You can download your application form here.
Applications will only be accepted using our application form. Your completed form should be sent to [email protected] Head of HR & Office Manager.