WORK BASE Sutton
CLOSING DATE 18/03/2022. Interviews will be scheduled with suitable candidates as we receive their CVs.
JOB TYPE Permanent & Full time
Aid to the Church in Need is a Pontifical Foundation of the Catholic Church, supporting the Catholic faithful and other Christians where they are persecuted, oppressed or in pastoral need.
Each year we fund over 5,000 projects in more than 140 countries around the world, helping to support the Church in its mission, and bringing hope and solidarity to millions of people.
In this role, you’ll act as an ambassador for Aid to the Church in Need to engender loyalty and trust from our benefactors. Every benefactor interaction is a unique opportunity and chance to further strengthen the relationship, which is where you can really make a difference.
Key areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
• First line telephone agent for inbound calls for our Head Office, Charity and Trading phone lines;
• Taking charity donations and trading orders using TRE and SAGE systems;
• First line responder for benefactor relations, such as:
◦ Communicating with supporters and providing personalised and tailored responses to all enquiries and complaints;
◦ Listening to the needs of each supporter and benefactor, and considering and understanding their personal experiences and motivations;
◦ Resolving supporter and benefactor enquiries at the first point of contact where possible;
◦ Using interactions to cross promote ACN UK’s range of engagement opportunities and services;
◦ Being an information specialist and maintaining a broad knowledge of ACN’s campaigns and providing telephone and other support for campaigns and fundraising initiatives;
◦ Maximising supporter contribution to ACN through the promotion of Gift Aid and regular giving;
◦ Improving the quality of benefactor experience by capturing permissions for future email and telephone contact;
• Managing ACN’s Email Inbox and telephone Answerphone;
• Managing the Prayer List;
• Managing daily Thank You letters, checking for consistency and data accuracy.
EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
Management and Team Member
This post will report to the Head of Fundraising & Marketing, ad interim, with whom immediate and medium-term targets will be agreed upon. The Line Manager will provide the successful post holder with the necessary support to develop this role. This role will work closely with the trading operations, senior administrator, Data team and all the other Aid to the Church in Need UK colleagues.
TARGETS AND EVALUATION
The Benefactor Service Advisor will be evaluated by their Line Manager on successful completion of duties and agreed targets being met.
• Passion for delivering excellent customer/benefactor experience;
• Experience of working in a service-related environment, including communicating with customers;
• Experience of conversing confidently over the phone;
• Experience in writing letters and emails with a high standard of grammar by always ensuring the best customer service;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
Personal / Interpersonal Competencies
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• A keen eye for detail;
• Professional and confidential approach;
• A self-starter, able to work both independently and as part of a wider team;
• Creative, practical and hands-on approach;
• Tenacity, persistence and flexibility.
• Motivated by the cause supported by Aid to the Church in Need, sympathy with the mission and values of Aid to the Church in Need;
• Experience of or an interest in the charity sector.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Permanent & Full time Mondays to Fridays (37.5 h/w);
• The salary is from £21,000 to £28,500 per annum, according to experience;
• 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays;
• Time in lieu policy plus mileage and out of pocket expenses for working at ACN events, if working at ACN Events;
• Auto-enrolment onto our pension scheme after three months of employment at ACN UK with 5% matched contributions.
• After probation, 50% funded further qualifications relevant to the role, plus paid exam days.
• Relevant annual professional memberships funded in full.
HOW TO APPLY
If you wish to apply for this exciting job opportunity, send a Cover Letter and a CV to [email protected] ; We are looking for to hearing back from you!