JOB TITLE Direct Marketing Officer
WORK BASE Aid to the Church in Need UK, UK National Office
RESPONSIBLE TO Direct Marketing Manager
Head of Fundraising & Marketing
Digital Marketing Manager
Head of Operations Scotland
North West Manager
Head of Finance
International Communications and Fundraising teams
Providing key support to the Direct Marketing Manager, this full-time post works closely with the Fundraising & Marketing Team, Finance Team other Heads of Department in driving up income from Individual Giving and in support of objectives set out in ACN UK’s overall Strategic Plan.
The Direct Marketing Officer will focus on agreed aspects of the fundraising and marketing strategy, which contribute to effective fundraising and ACN’s core aim of providing more aid to the Church in need
Key areas of responsibility for the Direct Marketing Officer include but are not limited to:
- Provide extensive support to the Direct Marketing Manager in the conception, creation, production and analysis of fundraising mailings against agreed financial and non-financial targets.
- Key support in producing materials for Acquisition and Conversion campaigns and activities including A/B testing.
- Keeping up to date with data processes and liaising with the Data Manager, as required.
- Providing written and in-person Staff Briefings to outline and explain upcoming mailing packs and marketing materials.
- Responsibility for Direct Marketing invoice administration.
- As directed by the Direct Marketing Manager, the Direct Marketing Officer will be responsible for developing a wide range of fundraising and marketing materials from concept to print and establishing in-house business processes, as required. Materials to include:
- Mass Cards
- Prayer Cards
- Gift Aid Envelopes
- Cold marketing pieces: General Leaflet; Mass Stipend leaflet; “Persecuted Christians Need You” leaflet; “Legacy Leaflet
- Direct Debit and Standing Order leaflets
- General promotional materials, as required.
- Getting estimates and then handling invoice administration associated with orders of the above and other items.
- Ensuring brand consistency across all national and regional materials and providing advice and support to regional teams, as required.
Legacy and In Memoriam Marketing
- Responsibility for developing and growing relationships with Legacy Pledgers.
- Responsibility for marketing Legacies and In Memoriam gifts against financial and non-financial targets.
- Representing Aid to the Church in Need at the Your Catholic Legacy Consortium.
- Providing marketing support for national events
EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
This post will report to the Direct Marketing Manager with whom immediate as well as long-term targets will be agreed. The Direct Marketing Manager will provide the Direct Marketing Officer with the necessary support to develop this role.
This role will also develop strong working relationships with the Fundraising & Marketing and Finance teams and liaise with the Legacy Administrator and the Your Catholic Legacy Consortium.
The Direct Marketing Officer will deputise for the Direct Marketing Manager, as required, covering all aspects of the mailing and campaign programme.
Induction and appropriate training will be provided and time allocated to developing skills through attending appropriate events.
TARGETS and EVALUATION
The Direct Marketing Officer will be evaluated by the Direct Marketing Manager on successful completion of duties and agreed targets being met.
- Marketing experience.
- Copywriting experience – demonstrating brevity and clarity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of working with designers and an understanding of print and production processes
- An eye for design and detail.
- IT literate: Microsoft Office suite essential. Ideal: InDesign; Photoshop.
Personal / Interpersonal Competencies:
- Creative and practical.
- Strong writing skills with aptitude for writing sales and marketing copy.
- Strong organisational skills – able to prioritise and willing to “own” distinct areas of work.
- A self-starter, able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Tenacity, persistence and flexibility.
- Willing to learn and to undertake online and offline training.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Motivated by the cause supported by Aid to the Church in Need, with a good understanding of the Catholic Church.
- Ideally experience of or an interest in the charity sector.
- A good understanding of marketing principles.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Salary £25,000 per annum.
- Full-time: 37.5 hour week, 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 30 days of annual leave plus bank holidays after five full years of employment.
- Time in lieu policy plus mileage and out of pocket expenses for working at ACN events.
- Auto-enrolment onto our pension scheme after three months’ probation with 5% matched contributions.
How to apply:
You can download your application form here.
Applications will only be accepted using our application form. Your completed form should be sent to [email protected] Head of HR & Office Manager.