JOB TITLE HR Manager
WORK BASE Aid to the Church in Need UK, UK National Office
RESPONSIBLE TO National Director UK
Head of Fundraising & Marketing
Head of Community Outreach in England, Scotland & Wales
Head of Finance
PA to National Director
Office & HR Administrator
Aid to the Church in Need is a Pontifical Foundation of the Catholic Church, supporting the Catholic faithful and other Christians where they are persecuted, oppressed or in pastoral need.
Each year we fund over 5,000 projects in more than 140 countries around the world, helping to support the Church in its mission, and bringing hope and solidarity to millions of people.
ACN UK is looking for a great HR Professional with a strategic mindset who wishes to join a fast-growing and fast-paced Charity during an extremely exciting time of change & transformation.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR Generalist to join this international aid charity at a time of change and expansion.
This stand-alone role will lead all aspects of the HR function, advise the National Director and work closely with Heads of Section, Department Managers and staff. The charity is looking to develop strategies and procedures across the Organisation.
Reporting to the National Director UK and working closely with the Senior Management team and Department Managers, this post plays a key role in implementing ACN UK’s five-year strategic plan, ensuring the effective management of the charity in line with the aims, objectives, policies and standards of the organisation.
We are also happy to consider someone who has proven experience as a Senior HR Generalist or Senior HR Advisor who wishes to step up to a more managerial and strategic, but still hands-on, role.
Key areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Creating and implementing a talent acquisition strategy within the Strategic Plan, including budgeting;
- Contributing to the development of the Strategic Plan by setting out recruitment expansion goals, identifying areas for expansion and translating them into operational objectives;
- Providing support and ideas to the National Director UK and Department Managers.
- Acting in an advisory capacity to the Board of Trustees, the National Director and Department Managers to implement HR strategy;
- Implementing and developing strategic recruitment strategies tailored for each vacancy, guaranteeing a great candidate experience;
- Being responsible for Pay and Reward solutions for ACN UK workforce;
- Being responsible for the full Talent Management at ACN UK;
- Leading and implementing Performance Management strategies and procedures;
- Developing and implementing Learning & Development Strategy;
- Working closely with the Accounts Department to manage the payroll process with the external payroll bureau;
- Managing the voluntary placements, including work experience students and interns;
- Taking over the full management and ownership of employee relation cases;
- Training and advising management in ER cases and on appropriate conflict management;
- Being responsible for ACN UK Safeguarding responsibilities;
- Advising and leading Organisational Development;
- Improving HR process and review, develop and implement HR policy;
- Leading HR change, transformation & digitalisation projects in the HR function
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Salary £35,000 – £45,000 per annum, according to experience;
- Full-time: 37.5 hour week, 9.00 am to 5.00 pm;
- Flexible working: both office-based and working. We are also open to considering Remote work options, across the UK, for this role. In this case, there will be occasional business travel to our UK offices in Sutton, Lancaster and Motherwell;
- Laptop and mobile phone;
- 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 30 days of annual leave plus bank holidays after five full years of employment;
- Time in lieu policy plus mileage and out of pocket expenses for working at ACN events;
- Auto-enrolment onto our pension scheme after three months’ probation with 5% matched contributions;
- Fully funded Private Health Care insurance with the option to add family members at own expense;
- After probation, 50% funded further qualifications that are relevant to the role, plus paid exam days;
- Relevant annual professional memberships funded in full.
HOW TO APPLY
If you wish to apply for this exciting job opportunity, send a Cover Letter and a CV to [email protected] We are looking forward to hearing back from you!
Closing date – 31st March 2022
Interviews – We will interview as we receive suitable CVs.