JOB TITLE: North West Manager
WORK BASE: Aid to the Church in Need UK, NW Office, Lancaster
RESPONSIBLE TO: Community Outreach Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: NW Schools & Events Coordinator, NW Office Administrator, NW Area Secretaries
COORDINATING WITH: Head of HR & Office Management, Head of Fundraising & Marketing, Head of Operations in Scotland, Head of Finance, Digital Marketing Manager, Direct Marketing Manager, Events Manager, Trading Manager, ICT Manager, Head of Press & Information
The North West Manager works to build Aid to the Church in Need’s profile in the North West by developing relationships, networking and working with the team of regional Area Secretaries. Through a wide range of fundraising and marketing techniques, the North West Manager aims to increase the significance of the North West’s contribution as a proportion of overall UK income and to build a solid base of parish-based volunteers.
The North West Manager will focus on agreed aspects of the fundraising and marketing strategy, which contribute to effective fundraising and ACN’s core aim of providing more aid to the Church in need.
Key areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
Realising profile-raising and income-generating Strategies, Events and Initiatives
- Overseeing all aspects of a full annual programme of events and initiatives (planning, realising, monitoring and reporting)
- Supporting the NW Schools & Events Coordinator to further ACN engagement with regional schools and universities
- Developing resources and initiatives for use in parishes, deaneries and LPAs throughout the NW region
- Serving as a guest speaker on behalf of ACN in the NW when invited to parishes, schools, etc or contacted by local or regional press outlets
- Monitoring and reporting activities in the NW quarterly by producing a Board Paper for the NW
Engaging with each of the five regional dioceses
- Serving as the main point of contact for Catholic bishops, clergy and religious throughout the NW
- Engaging with Diocesan Communications and Press teams to raise ACN ‘s profile
- Working to secure regular places at diocesan events (ordinations/meetings/symposia, etc.)
Building strong relationships with new and long-term individual donors
- Providing front-line benefactor support, including taking donations and trading orders
- Trouble-shooting when benefactors experience dissatisfaction
- Seeking out and engaging with HVDs
- Fostering relationships with new individual benefactors and donor bases
Managing the team of NW Area Secretaries
- Supporting the team of five regional Area Secretaries to ensure that each meets all performance targets
- Setting annual targets for Appeals, Talks and other areas as set out by the Senior Management Group
- Organising two or three annual meetings to provide a forum for team discussions, to disseminate information about national and regional events and initiatives and to promote a successful cooperation between team members for joint appeals and events
Managing Staff in the NW Office
- Supporting, monitoring and evaluating the NW Schools & Events Coordinator and the NW Office Administrator to ensure that each meets all performance targets
- Agreeing on annual strategies to meet office and regional targets set out by the Senior Management Group
- Working with the NW Schools & Events Coordinator to devise resources for use in schools and plans for regional events each year
- Supervising the NW Office Administrator to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the NW Office
Increasing and Overseeing NW Parish Representatives
- Initiating further contact with interested parties recruited by the NW Area Secretaries and guiding them through the recruitment process
- Ensuring continued involvement with Parish Representative through quarterly newsletters, event-specific contact, etc.
Supporting National Office campaigns and initiatives both generally and specifically
- Promoting campaigns, events and issues through central resources and regional initiatives
- Ensuring an ACN presence at relevant meetings, conferences, etc of national significance when these take place within the NW
- Identifying local and regional trust and grant-giving bodies and working with the Head of Marketing & Fundraising to complete applications as necessary.
EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
Management and Team Members
This post will report to the Community Outreach Manager, with whom immediate as well as long-term targets will be agreed. The Community Outreach Manager will provide the NW Manager with the necessary support to develop his/her own role. The NW Manager will provide the NW Schools & Events Coordinator and the NW Office Administrator with the necessary support to develop their roles.
This role will also develop strong working relationships and liaise with Heads of Department and Managers across the organisation; the clergy and staff of the Dioceses of Lancaster, Salford, Shrewsbury and Wrexham, and the Archdiocese of Liverpool; the Catholic regional and local press; relevant ACN International Section Heads.
The NW Manager will also:
- Ensure the smooth running of all aspects of the NW Office in the absence of the NW Schools & Events Coordinator and / or the NW Office Administrator.
TARGETS and EVALUATION
The NW Manager will be evaluated by the Community Outreach Manager on successful completion of duties and agreed targets being met.
- Strong track record of managing successful large direct marketing campaigns, ideally in the charity sector.
- Significant and demonstrable experience of engaging new audiences and organising fundraising events.
- Strong writing, speaking and presentation skills.
- Strong IT skills with experience of Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and Fundraising CRM systems (preferably The Raisers’ Edge).
- Hold a clean driving licence and be available to travel within the designated Region.
Personal / Interpersonal Competencies:
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- A self-starter, able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Creative, practical and hands-on approach.
- Ability to motivate staff in a target driven environment.
- Tenacity, persistence and flexibility.
- Motivated by the cause supported by Aid to the Church in Need, sympathy with the mission and values of Aid to the Church in Need, and a good knowledge and understanding of the Catholic Church.
- Excellent strategic and financial planning skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work with and manage a team of office-based staff, Area Secretaries and Parish Representatives.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Salary £33,000 – £37,000 per annum, according to experience.
- Full-time: 37.5 hour week, 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- Office-based but with some national travel and overnight stays.
- 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 30 days of annual leave plus bank holidays after five full years of employment.
- Time in lieu policy plus mileage and out of pocket expenses for working at ACN events.
- Auto-enrolment onto our pension scheme after three months’ probation with 5% matched contributions.
- AA Relay Plus cover.
- Private Health Care insurance.
Closing date – Sunday 17th November 2019
1st Interviews – Wednesday 20th November 2019
2nd Interviews – Monday 25th November 2019
How to apply:
You can download your application form here.
Applications will only be accepted using our application form. Your completed form should be sent to [email protected] Head of HR & Office Manager.