Office & HR Administrator
JOB TITLE Office & HR Administrator
WORK BASE Aid to the Church in Need UK, UK National Office
CLOSING DATE 11.02.2022
Aid to the Church in Need is a Pontifical Foundation of the Catholic Church, supporting the Catholic faithful and other Christians where they are persecuted, oppressed or in pastoral need.
Each year we fund over 5,000 projects in more than 140 countries around the world, helping to support the Church in its mission, and bringing hope and solidarity to millions of people.
Due to the growth within our organisation, we are expanding our team and looking for an Office & HR Administrator to join us on a part-time permanent contract. This is a brand new role and the post holder will report directly to the HR Manager. The successful candidate will undertake a variety of front-of-house, admin and support office activities whilst also providing HR administrative support to the HR Manager.
We are going through an exciting period of growth with the talent acquisitions of brand new roles across the organisation. It is also a fantastic moment of change and transformation for our Charity. Therefore is a great moment to join Aid to the Church in Need UK!
MAIN PURPOSE & RESPONSIBILITIES
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced administrator who wants to start or continue their career in Office Administration and get exposure and experience in Human Resources.
Key areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
• Greeting visitors and informing the relevant colleagues that their visitor arrived;
• Managing the post and deliveries office-related;
• Being responsible for the purchasing process ensuring best value for money for office equipment, office stationery, office sundries and any other ad hoc purchases approved by the Charity;
• Make sure that there is a good level of office equipment and stationery stocks in the National Office;
• Being responsible for the office utilities management process (take and upload on the relevant website the monthly meter readings for our utilities providers (gas, electricity and water);
• Working closely with the HR Manager and the Senior Administrator for supporting Health & Safety aspects;
• Managing the office car park rota;
• Managing the meeting room booking system;
• Organising office or virtual social events, such as the Christmas Lunch;
• Ad hoc Office related projects on requests.
• Ensuring that the recruitment database (ATS), the HR System and the Learning Managing system are updated daily;
• Maintaining all employee benefit platforms updated;
• Scheduling interviews and sending invitations to candidates and hiring managers with the relevant documentation attached;
• Supporting the HR Manager to carry out the onboarding process for the new starters and carefully recording the documentation;
• Arranging ER’ meetings Plan ensuring all required documentation is completed;
• Assisting the HR Manager in analysing employees HR Data and preparing reports;
• Ad hoc support on HR related projects on request.
• Office Management courses are desirable but not mandatory;
• Proved experience in supporting HR administration activity is highly desirable. However, we are happy to consider candidates with no previous experience in HR administration but have a keen interest in / they are passionate about HR;
• Proven experience to provide strong and general office administration support (mandatory);
• Experience in handling sensitive or confidential information;
• Highly IT savvy. Experience in managing and using HR systems, ATS, and LMS will be an advantage; knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are essential. Highly desirable experience in using Project Management tools (e.g. Trello or Jira);
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Be able to use data, understand analysis and support the HR Manager in producing HR reports.
Personal / Interpersonal Competencies
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• A keen eye for detail.
• Professional and confidential approach.
• A self-starter, able to work both independently and as part of a wider team.
• Creative, practical and hands-on approach.
• Tenacity, persistence and flexibility.
• Motivated by the cause supported by Aid to the Church in Need, sympathy with the mission and values of Aid to the Church in Need.
• Experience of or an interest in the charity sector.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• The salary is up to £25,000 per annum (this is the full-time salary that will be pro-rated for 25 hours per week), according to experience.
• Part-time role 25 hours per week with the possibility to increase the working hours if needed/requested by the Charity;
• 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 30 days of annual leave plus bank holidays after five full years of employment.
• Time in lieu policy plus mileage and out of pocket expenses for working at ACN events.
• Auto-enrolment onto our pension scheme after three months of employment at ACN UK with 5% matched contributions.
• After probation, 50% funded further qualifications relevant to the role, plus paid exam days.
• Relevant annual professional memberships funded in full.
HOW TO APPLY
If you wish to apply for this exciting job opportunity, send a Cover Letter and a CV to [email protected] ; We are looking for to hearing back from you!