Aid to the Church in Need is a Pontifical Foundation of the Catholic Church, supporting the Catholic faithful and other Christians where they are persecuted, oppressed or in pastoral need.
Each year we fund over 5,000 projects in more than 140 countries around the world, helping to support the Church in its mission, and bringing hope and solidarity to millions of people.
This post, reporting to the Head of Fundraising and Marketing, will also work closely with the National Director and Heads of Departments to implement the Trading aspect of ACN’s Strategic plan. Trading products must reflect ACN’s Catholic ethos. All activities should contribute to effective fundraising towards the core aim of providing more aid to the Church in need.
We are also happy to consider candidates who have proven experience in Trading Operations and or as Buyers who wish to consider moving towards a more strategic/managerial role.
The Trading Manager is responsible for:
- The management and strategic direction of the Trading department
- Generating trading revenue and non-financial objectives to agreed targets
- Contractual and other relationships with external suppliers
- Compliance management of SLAs with key ACN suppliers
- Budgeting, ordering and invoice sign-offs
- Product and sales analysis and forecasting
- The development of sales opportunities and new markets
- Managing the delivery schedule for the Christmas Trading/Charity Inserts
- People Management Responsibility. As a Line Manager, the Trading Manager will have people management responsibilities, e.g. coaching, mentoring, attendance management, performance management, etc., for one direct report line.
Key areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- All aspects of seasonal trading through ACN’s annual programme of brochures, events, face-to-face sales, website, community teams, collaboration with overseas ACN offices and other retail opportunities arise.
- Responsible for the performance and results of the Deputy Trading Manager in:
- All aspects of brochure production from design to finished article
- All aspects of stock management and supply
Collaboration with the Head of Finance and Data Manager on:
- All SAGE, ImportoMatic, TRE, Khaos protocols are necessary to monitor and fulfil orders and demand and deliver accurate and efficient information flow and reporting.
- Assessment of systems, processes and new technologies.
DEVELOPMENT OF CUSTOMER BASE/MARKETING
- Development of sales and marketing opportunities through:
- ACN website, Facebook and other shop portals
- Targeted social media campaigns
- Community and face-to-face opportunities
- Customer offers and targeted benefactor product campaigns
- Assessing the potential for parish-based and other ‘concession’ trading relationships
- Find and develop new customer profiles – in particular, a younger customer-base
- Formalise a group of people to advise on the ‘Catholic’ aspects of products offered
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Salary from £35,000 to £42,000 per annum, according to experience.
- Full-time: 37.5 hour week, 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- Flexible working: both office-based and working from home.
- Laptop and mobile phone.
- 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 30 days of annual leave plus bank holidays after five full years of employment.
- Time in lieu policy plus mileage and out of pocket expenses for working at ACN events.
- Auto-enrolment onto our pension scheme after three months, 5% matched contributions.
- Fully funded Private Health Care insurance with the option to add family members at own expense.
- After probation, 50% funded further qualifications that are relevant to the role, plus paid exam days.
- Relevant annual professional memberships funded in full.
Closing date – 31st March 2022
Interviews will be scheduled as we receive suitable candidates. We highly recommend to send your application as soon as possible.
How to apply:
Please send your latest CV and a motivational letter to [email protected] . The motivational letter has to explain why the candidate wishes to be considered for this role, why they are interested in working with ACN UK and why they would be an excellent candidate for us.