WORK BASE : Aid to the Church in Need UK, National Office UK
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head of Finance
- Head of Fundraising & Marketing
- ICT Manager
- Direct Marketing Manager
- Digital Media Manager
- Direct Credits Co-ordinator
Aid to the Church in Need UK (ACN) is a Catholic charity and Pontifical Foundation of Catholic Church, providing pastoral and material support to Christians around the world who are oppressed and persecuted for their faithfulness to Christ.
Aware of the essential role of data in ensuring the best supporter experience, we are looking for an experienced data specialist to establish a new Database function. Reporting to the Head of Finance and working closely with the Head of Fundraising & Marketing, this important role will support fundraising and marketing, manage the database, project manage technical innovations, and deliver GDPR compliance.
This role offers a rare opportunity to join the UK office of an international organisation and to shape the growth of a new role, which will support a highly motivated Fundraising and Marketing team in delivering an ambitious five-year growth strategy.
Main areas of responsibility will include but not be limited to the following:
Management of the Fundraising Database
With great people skills, this role will establish clear data protocols and inspire and train colleagues to improve data quality, accuracy and usage, including cleansing, housekeeping and other protocols.
Support to the Fundraising and Marketing Team
The Data Manager will produce a step-change in the charity’s ability to analyse supporter data and will drive development of insight into customer behaviour and fundraising performance.
Working closely with the Head of Fundraising & Marketing and the Direct Marketing Manager, the Data Manager will be responsible for improving data quality, data selection and reporting. Specifically he or she will provide data insight, create accurate mailing files and produce data for reports.
Project Manager on Technical Innovation schemes
The role offers a great opportunity to demonstrate technical and people skills and to manage data-driven technical innovation projects including: Bar Code Scanning; CRM and Online data-matching; the data aspect of future mobile technologies. The Data Manager will also be responsible for enhancing the technical aspects of customer service, including acknowledgement processes, direct debits, and the relationship with our fulfilment house.
GDPR Compliance and Management of Fundraising Database
The Data Manager will be responsible for GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) processes, compliance and risk and will coach and mentor staff in delivering outcomes.
RELATIONSHIPS AND TARGETS
The Data Manager will work closely with the Head of Finance and the Head of Fundraising & Marketing with whom the long-term strategic direction and immediate targets will be agreed. The Head of Finance and the Head of Fundraising & Marketing will provide the Data Manager with the necessary support to develop his/her own role, including early training on GDPR.
The role will work with colleagues from a range of professional disciplines in the UK and around the world. The impact of the role will be in helping to engage more people in ACN UK’s important mission and in making a real difference to the lives of Christian communities around the world – especially in the Middle East and Africa currently – who suffer for their faithfulness to Christ.
- Considerable CRM experience in a fundraising environment, ideally using Raiser’s Edge
- Very comfortable working with data, managing data imports and selections, with good SQL
- Experience in producing insight reports and business intelligence, with strong Excel skills, and ideally with Qlikview
- Fluency in accounts, ideally working with SAGE Commercials or similar
- General PC literacy including Microsoft Office
Personal / Interpersonal Competencies
- Excellent communication and people skills
- A passion for problem solving and ideas person
- A self-starter, able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail and eye for efficiency
- Sensitivity and empathy with the ethos and mission of this Catholic charity
- Willing to ‘own’ distinct areas of work
- Ability to inspire colleagues and set high standards
- Charity sector experience desirable but not essential
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Salary £30,000 to £35,000 per annum according to experience
- Full-time office-based: 37.5 hour week, 9.00 am to 5.00 pm with 30 minutes for lunch (unpaid)
- Annual leave: 25 days pro rata plus bank holidays rising to 30 days plus bank holidays after five full years of employment
- Time in lieu policy plus mileage and out of pocket expenses for working at ACN events
- Auto-enrolment onto our pension scheme after three months’ probation with 5% matched contributions.
How to Apply:
Please note we will only consider applications for advertised posts if they are submitted on an application form.