What is #RedWednesday?
#RedWednesday is an initiative created by the UK ACN office on behalf of persecuted Christians:
- To advocate for their well being, rights and freedom to live out their faith
- To call for fair treatment of all faith groups and those of no faith
- To educate people on why religious freedom is so important
- To encourage bridge-building and enhance tolerance between faith groups
How can I get involved?
In previous years, Cathedrals, churches and many other buildings have lit up for red for the day or the week, held Masses, fundraisers and many other events to help raise awareness and money for #RedWednesday. This year, things will be different, but you can still make a huge difference to the lives of suffering Christians!
- Raise money – order your free fundraising kit here with everything you need including new 2020 promotional items
- Pray for those in need
- Dress a window or a corner of your home red for the week of #RedWednesday
- Download a poster to put in your window for the week of #RedWednesday
- Share the #RedWednesday hashtag on social media