Window of the Annunciation, by Alfred Fisher, commemorating the centenary of the first modern pilgrimage to the Shrine of Walsingham on the 20 August 1897. Situated above the doorway of the Slipper Chapel, it was donated in 1997 by the Guild of Our Lady of Ransom. The heraldic shields represent the priest members of the Guild (left) and the lay members of the Guild (right). Translation of the Latin text ‘Ave Maria, Gratia Plena’ means ‘Hail Mary, full of Grace’.
21.5cm x 8.5cm
(8½" x 3¼")