What if you could provide a hot meal for a desperate Christian family in Lebanon while you enjoy your Sunday lunch at home?
You are invited to join ACN benefactors and parishes all across the UK for a virtual Sunday Lunch in aid of the St John the Merciful Table, a fantastic initiative that serves daily meals to over 1,000 Christians in and around the city of Zahle. Many of these families are refugees from Syria or local people who have lost their livelihoods because of the national financial crisis or the pandemic. They struggle every day to get by, but you can help. You can support them with your prayers and ensure that they won’t go to bed cold and hungry any more.
Here’s how it works:
- The event will livestream on ACN’s YouTube channel – simply search Aid to the Church in Need on YouTube or use this link. If the date and time don’t suit you, feel free to watch it later.
- Prepare your own Sunday lunch on the day—we’ll be enjoying starters, mains and puddings during the course of our time together!
- Set up your device so you can watch from your dining table.
- Click on the link provided any time from 12:30pm on the day and get ready for a fantastic line-up of prayer, personal testimony, interviews, cookery demonstrations, music and more!
- As we eat together and enjoy each other’s (virtual) company, you’ll have the chance to make a donation to support the life-changing work of the St John the Merciful Table.
- You’ll enjoy your Sunday lunch, join the ACN family for the afternoon and feel great because we’ve worked together to feed those unable to feed themselves or their families.
We’re busy planning our menus, setting our tables and telling our friends about how they can join in. Even though we’re in our own homes and miles apart, let’s join together this Lent to support those whose need is greater than our own. We’ll see you there!