375 Millilitre Coconut Treacle
200 Grams Grated Coconut
150 Grams Plain Flour
150 Grams Sultanas (Raisins) (Cut in to small pieces)
150 Grams Dates (Cut in to small pieces)
200 Grams Cashew Nuts (Cut in to small pieces)
100 Grams Sugar
50 Grams Butter (Melted)
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
100 Grams Crystallised Stem Ginger (Cut in to small pieces)
2 Eggs (Beaten)
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Cadamom Pods (Crushed without shell)
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
1 Lime Zest (Grated)
- Add the coconut treacle and sugar in to a saucepan on a medium heat. Keep stirring until the sugar dissolves and bubbles up.
- Then add the grated coconut and salt. Keep stirring for another 14 minutes. The mixture should be ready now with a thicker consistency. Turn off the heat and keep aside until it completely cools down.
- Prepare the baking tray with 3 layers of baking paper (baking parchment) and butter the top most layer.
- Now separately mix the baking powder with the plain flour and keep aside.
- Once the coconut mixture is cooled, add the vanilla, lemon zest, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and cardamom powder in to the mixture and combine well.
- Add all the dried fruits (Dates, Sultanas and cashew nuts) and the Crystallised stem ginger in to the mixture and mix well.
- Add the melted butter and the 2 beaten eggs in and mix well.
- Finally add the flour mixture in and combine well.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking tray. Spread the mixture evenly.
Bake it in a pre heated oven (175 Celsius) for an hour.