ACN could not do what we do without you. We want to bring communities and ACN benefactors together this #RedWednesday with #TeamRed.
Will you join #TeamRed and help us grow #RW to become and even more visible Christian campaign for faith and freedom. Visibility is key to raising awareness of #RW.
#TeamRed in action
Please share with us on socials your photos. Let’s create national and local social media noise to highlight the plight of Margaret and others like her in Africa and around the world.
Huge thanks to everyone marking #RedWednesday this year and helping towards our £100k ‘Matched’ Challenge for Africa. Here are just some examples of #TeamRed in action around the country:
- St Mary’s Catholic Church, West Croydon: Gathering and welcome for ACN Guest, Margaret Attah from Nigeria
- Cardinal Vaughan Memorial School, Holland Park, London: Hosting a visit by ACN guest, Margaret Attah, with musical presentation by Cardinal Vaughan Schola, featuring Britain’s Got Talent finalist, Malakai Bayoh.
- St Chad’s Cathedral, Birmingham: #RedWednesday annual Schools Mass
- University and 6th Form students attending: Their Past is our Present – a day of ACN talks and activities at Harvington Hall, Kidderminster, DY10 4LR, with Holy Mass at St Mary’s Church
- Mark 10 Mission: Liturgy resources and #RedWednesday SCHOOLS LIVESTREAM
- St Aquinas Catholic School and Sixth Form, Birmingham: Holy Mass; Drone filming; Choir; photo frame booth; confetti smoke bombs; interview with Rome Report
- St Ignatius Primary School and Nursery, Wishaw, Scotland: #RedWednesday Novena; #RedWednesday Exhibition; Badge-making fundraiser; Coffee Morning for parishioners and guests; Schools Livestream – non-verbal abstract drama to convey emotions
- St Clare’s Catholic Primary, Preston: Whole school song for Schools Livestream
- St Bernadette’s, London Colney, Herts: ACN Assembly; Poetry Competition; Red Mufti Day
- St Ambrose High School, Coatbridge, Scotland: Samba Band and Piper for Schools Livestream
- St Edmund’s College, Ware, Herts: Decorated footprints with solidary messages and prayers for a path to the chapel where some students will be answering #RedWednesday questions
- St Benedict’s Catholic High School, Alcester, Warwickshire: Students ‘breaking the silence’ in different languages for the Schools livestream by holding up posters.
- St Bede’s Catholic School and Sixth Form College, Lanchester, Co. Durham: Rome Reports interview; Red Mufti Day; Holy Mass and Rosary; Red dove wall display with solidarity messages; Bake Sale; Red Raffle; Selling merchandise
- St Benedict’s School, Ealing: Heading up a #RedWednesday consortium of four Catholic school – organising a Red Mufti Day and furndraising
- #RedWednesday Banner display by Holy Family, Lancing and St Mary of the Angels, Worthing
- Ealing Abbey, West London: 17th -19th Fundraising activities led by our ACN Parish volunteers there
- Farm Street Parish, Mayfair, London: Illuminating the outside of the Church for November
- St Peter’s Parish, Bromsgrove: Quiz night
To celebrate your parish, school or group involvement, ahead of and on the day, please tag us on your social media using #redwednesday #breakthesilence #TeamRed
How will you take part?
Below are a few ideas. Be sure to capture the action.
- Gather together with friends all dressed in Red
- Light up your parish or local landmark Red
- Pledge Decades of the Rosary at a candlelit Rosary Gathering
- Set up a #TeamRed fundraising page to support: £100k4Africa Challenge
- Hold a fundraiser where all food or drink is Red
- Theme your fundraiser for Africa with music or dance
- Walk 100k steps as part of the £100k4Africa Challenge
- Hold a fundraising meal or bake for Africa
- Join the Schools Livestream
- Attend #Rw Event in London, Scotland or Birmingham
- Be a voice for #TeamRed and write to your MP to take action